Monday, December 20, 2010

there's STILL time to knit!!


I made this Neck warmer in a couple of hours Saturday night before I went Christmas shopping! I used Katia Fabula and a size 17 circular needle. The yarn was great to knit with and it only took two skeins!
Come by the shop to see and feel my neck warmer. The cables look better in person!


Here's the pattern:

Cabled Neck Warmer

C4: Place 2 stitches on cable needle, hold in back, knit next 2 stitches, knit the 2 stitches from cable needle

Cast on 48 stitches with a size 17 circular needle 16 or 24 inches long.

Join and work k2 p2 rib for 4 rounds.

Round 5: *K2, p1, inc 1. Repeat from * to end of round. You now have 60 stitches.
*I increased by doing a lifted increase, but you may also knit into the front and back of the stitch.

Round 6 (Rib round): *k4, p2. Repeat from * to end of round.

Round 7 (Cable round): *C4, p2. Repeat from * to end of round.

Round 8- 11: work Rib round.

Round 12: work Cable round.

Repeat rounds 8-12 again

Next round: * k2, p1, p2tog. Repeat from * to end of round. 48 stitches remain.

Work k2 p2 rib for 4 rounds. Bind off loosely in rib pattern.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks great, and I did get a new haircut that would look great above that.. but I fear my hair would grow quite long before I mastered knitting! Nevertheless I will need a project for the car ride to the beach so I am tempted tempted tempted!

    ReplyDelete