Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Saturday at Home and a Tip for You!

The shop is closed today for the Easter Holiday. My plan was to be outside weeding flowerbeds and planting some herbs. I made those plans the other day when it was 80+ degrees and sunny. Today my computer says that it is 53 degrees and drizzly. Later the sun is supposed to come out, but until then I'm having fun in my sewing room!



Susann made this kit for my new quilt--yummy colors selected by Jandell and Shirley!


I'm working on a quilt for our booth at the Heart of the Triad Quilt Show--only three weeks away!!!



I'm also finishing up this dress for my Tea Towel Bishop class next Saturday morning!

Here's your tip, taught to me by Shirley: Before prewashing fabrics, always cut off the corners of each piece of fabric. I usually trim about a one inch wedge off each corner. No more knots of raveled, tangled, threads!



Enjoy the weekend!

Martha

1 comment: