Friday, July 27, 2012

Racing Needles

Have you selected a project to work on during the Olympics?  Many knitters are joining the Ravellenic Games amid some controversy (click here to read about it).


It's fun to start a project during the Opening Ceremonies and try to finish before the end of the Closing Ceremonies.
Being an indecisive multi-tasker, I am starting THREE projects! Does that make me a triathlete??
I am not trying to finish them all before we leave London, but I plan to get a large part of each done.  I'm not totally unrealistic!

Project One: Knitting--Owlie Socks.  Click here to see my Ravelry page for these socks.  Don't look at all the other unfinished projects I have listed there!  I can't wait to get to the beaded part!

Project Two: Smocking--Honeycomb Smocked Bishop. That is the piece of floral fabric on the right.  Obviously I haven't cut out the dress yet, so I'll sprint to the cutting table during commercials to cut out my fabric and sew my seams before I start smocking!

Project Three: Applique--Block 2 of this quilt.  All applique is glued to the background. Now my favorite part: the handsewing!

My hubby just called down to let me know that the Opening Ceremonies are beginning.  Leave a comment to let me know what YOUR Olympic project is.  If you put it in writing, you're committing to that project!  After all, I have narrowed my focus to just three projects for the next two weeks!  That is an Olympian accomplishment for me!!

Off to work on those Owlies!

Martha


4 comments:

  1. Just about finished with the Summer Flies and then on to finish the Les Mis! I'm so excited to be focused on knitting again after a 6 month hiatus of focusing on studying for my Pilates certification!

    GO TEAM USA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing together my knitted Giraffe. I'll be finished after a couple more events! Also stitching on my fall applique. Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Head over to Knit one Sock Too to check out Summer Flies"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm finishing up my Ann Norling Stocking (the Nutcracker) that I started for the July Stocking Class. Christmas in July has me thinking of easy project that I can knit up for Christmas presents. I have a Wingspan waiting in the wings for a special daughter-in-law, some socks, mittens and hats planned, plus a few toys for the kiddies!! It's never to early to start the Christmas knitting.
    Katy Parcell

    ReplyDelete