Sunday, September 2, 2012

Best Laid Plans...

I couldn't let the summer end without a final report on my Olympic needlework projects, the projects that I wrote about here in the previous post.

When the closing ceremony ended my appliqued quilt square--Finished!

Smocked dress--not even started yet.  Soon...

Owlie socks--completed to the heel flap. So cute! I love those little blue-eyed owls.  BUT when I slipped them on they were way too tight!  So I ripped them back to the ribbing and went to a bigger needle.  I just got back to the same spot, so onward!


I also finished this pretty cowl made of ladder yarn and Kidsilk Haze.  I used Christine's Easy Drop Stitch Scarf (find it under free patterns on her blog) and a size 11 needle. 

And I almost finished this pattern made of Berroco Linsey.  Photo to follow soon, I promise! I actually finished it, wore it to the shop one day and roasted.  The sleeves were too full and didn't end at quite the right spot, so they have been ripped back and are being reworked.  I know it will be great to wear as soon as the temps hit below 80 degrees!

The cowl, sweater and applique were my sanity-saving projects while sitting with my mother in the hospital.  It's amazing how keeping my hands busy can get me through stressful events. Plus handwork is so soothing and calming.  Thanks to all for the kind words and prayers during this time.  That also helps so much.

Leave a comment and let me know what you've been working on lately.

Take time to stitch this Labor Day weekend.  We'll be closed on Labor Day, but will be back rested and ready to go Tuesday morning!

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment